First, you should
complete the Analyzing a Journal Article worksheet. This worksheet will help you identify the
important elements of your article. Please adhere to the following criteria when writing your
– Times New Roman 12-point font
– 1-2 pages double-spaced
– Word Document or PDF (no Google Docs or Apple Pages please)
– Include all the relevant information that you used to complete the Analyzing a Journal Article worksheet. The worksheet doubles as a paraphrasing exercise, so if you completed it then you should be able to directly transfer the “in your own words” portions to the written summary.
– Cite your primary article in-text at least once (see requested style manual for instructions).
– Include the APA style reference for your primary article at the end of the paper
o This should appear on a separate page and is not included in the 1-2 page limit. At the top of this page, centered, type “References” (without the quotation marks).
– Be careful not to plagiarize! Your APA manual has information on how to avoid plagiarism. There is also a document titled Paraphrasing Module in Week 2 of the lab section of D2L that has some additional information about plagiarism and paraphrasing. I strongly recommend checking this out.
– Use quotes sparingly. Quotes should be used only when it is impossible to rephrase a
statement. This is almost never the case.
– Synthesize information. Your summary should flow naturally. It should not read as a list
or as a series of disjointed statements.
– Title the document “PSY 305 – Article Summary – Your Name” (without the quotation
marks, and obviously replace Your Name with your actual name)
.NOTE: 600 WORDS,EVERYTHING IS MENTIONED
WORKSEHEET AND ARTICLE IS ATTACHED.
300 WORDS FOR WORKSHEET AND 300 WORDS FOR SUMMARY
First, you should