“As a journalist, we have a responsibility to tell the truth. To be well informed of the situation. To be fair in how we tell this story. I implore all who decide to pick up their cameras and join us to be safe, while also being fearless. And respect the humanity of the people you capture. This is a human rights issue; don’t forget the human while chasing ‘the shot.’”
— JD Barnes, @jdthecombo https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2020/06/protest-photos-in-americas-cities
Select three photos from one movement’s protest events from three different sources and use them for your analysis. You must also use three articles to support your points.
- 1100 words typed, double-spaced, paginated.
- A title page with a title that clearly identifies the topic of the paper, your name, date and the word count.
- Use at least three article sources.
- Works cited page with all sources listed in MLA format. Use this site to make sure you have the proper format: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/05/
- An introductory paragraph with a clear thesis statement. You must also have an appropriate conclusion.