For this assignment, which is worth 20 points, please use the link attached at the bottom to watch the video, then reflect and respond (in at least 1.5 pages, double-spaced, 12 pt Times New Roman font, 1 in margins) to the following questions:
1. What are similar experiences that children with DMD will face across their lifespan? Provide examples from the documentary.
2. What are experiences that will likely differ for children with DMD and their families across their lifespan as a result of racial inequities that are prevalent throughout our society?
3. Think about Darius’s background, home life, support systems, financial resources, and related resources. Compare this with the backgrounds, home life, support systems, financial resources, and related resources of the White children with DMD that were presented in the video.
4. How can early childhood education serve to ‘level the playing field’ for children that are born into disability, racial inequity, low socioeconomic status, etc.?
5. To what extent should the purpose of early childhood education be to ‘level the playing field’?
*For the source please cite and reference the video**
Link to video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDWj84lgCdI