The analysis of a person (real or fictional) from two different theoretical perspectives, including a diagnostic assessment and treatment plan for that person with recommended treatment if needed. The format is similar to the Illustrative Biographies at the beginning of each textbook chapter.
Requirements for Term Paper:
1. Analyze a person (real or fictional) from two different theoretical perspectives, including strengths and limitations of the
theory in understanding this person.
2. The paper should include a brief summary of the person, enough to illustrate the theories you are discussing.
3. The paper should also include a diagnostic assessment and treatment plan for that person with recommended treatment if
4. Must be a minimum of 5 double-spaced pages, double-spaced pages, 12-point font, and 1-inch margins.
5. You should have a minimum of 3 primary source references and 5 total sources. If you have questions about primary
sources, please ask.
6. Your paper should follow APA formatting for reference citation. The Publication Manual of the American Psychological
Association, 6th ed. Washington, DC: APA, is available at the Reference Desk of New School Library. You can also access this information on the APA website (www.apa.org). CitRef is also helpful and can be found on the New School Library website.
7. I am available to discuss your paper with you throughout the term and will be happy to give you feedback on where to look for references and on drafts. Please ask.
8. Be careful not to plagiarize. If you have any questions about plagiarism, please ask. Remember citing someone else’s idea, even if you paraphrase, without giving them credit is plagiarism. Please see pg. 7 of the Syllabus for further information.
Grading Policy for Term Paper:
1. Application of 2 Theoretical Perspectives (30%)
2. Diagnostic Assessment (Diagnosis, assessment) (10%)
3. Treatment Plan/Treatment (type of treatment; how to address difficulties; response to treatment/obstacles) (5%)
4. Development of Ideas (15%)
5. Organization (15%)
6. Follow Directions (length-5 pages, 5 references, formatting) (10%)