The concept of organizational culture has emerged as central not only to the analysis of organizational behavior and organizational effectiveness but as a body of solutions to problems within any given organization whether in a K-12 school system or other entities. Organizational culture may be defined as the “shared philosophies, ideologies, values, assumptions, beliefs, expectations, attitudes, and norms” that knit an organization together (Owens & Valesky, p. 190, 207).
1. Culture fosters organizational/school/higher education effectiveness and productivity.
2. Culture improves collegial and collaborative activities that foster better communication and problem-solving practices.
3. Culture fosters successful change and implementation efforts.
4. Culture builds commitment and identification of staff, students, and leaders.
5. Culture increases the focus of daily behavior and attention on what is important and valued. (Deal & Peterson, pgs. 7-9)
Please review the required five (5) statements above.
In a substantively written essay consider how each of the required statements (1-5) are applicable or not applicable or a combination of each to your school or university’s organizational culture
Provide specifics for each of the five statements. ( It is an elementary school pk-5th, title 1, large special education population and currently low performing) low morale and parental engagement