We have now explored the Scientific Revolution, the Enlightenment, and science in the 19th century. Which era was the most significant in terms of scientific and intellectual achievement and why? Which individual from this era contributed the most to these developments? A primary source is required for this assignment that was written by this person. How does using the primary source help you better understand him or her? Here are example links for primary source collections online: The Scientific Revolution, the Enlightenment, and 19th Century (and other) primary sources.
Paper Outline (Use Subheadings for Parts A, B, and C):
- Title Page
- Part A: Era Selection Answer
- Part B: Individual Selection Answer
- Part C: Primary Source Answer
Length: 250 to 500 words (not including title page or bibliography).
Format: APA, MLA, or Chicago Manual of Style. For assistance visit:
- Cite the readings for the week, indicating how they informed your answer.
- Cite ONE primary source written by your selected person for the week. As a reminder, a primary source â€œis a document or physical object which was written or created during the time under study. These sources were present during an experience or time period and offer an inside view of a particular event.” Click here to learn the difference between primary and secondary sources: https://apus.libanswers.com/faq/2299.
- Include a bibliography.
I will submit all the papers into TurnItIn which is a plagiarism checker. If I find evidence of plagiarism, I will give you a zero for the paper. To ensure this does not happen make sure you familiarize yourself with the meanings of plagiarism (see the policies section of this syllabus), take careful steps in your note taking process to avoid a potential for a mistaken plagiarism, and then finally submit your own paper to TurnItIn prior to the course deadline. This review will serve as an important check for you. To learn how to avoid plagiarism in your research click this link and then select â€œQuoting and Paraphrasing.â€ To read the university policy on plagiarism on Academic Dishonesty see: https://www.apus.edu/student-handbook/university-policies-and-honor-code/academic-dishonesty.html