DEPARTMENTAL PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION
In this assignment, you will create a departmental plan to address the corporate initiative of doubling sales outlined in the scenario below.
Choose one of the following functional areas with which to base your assignment work.
• Sales and marketing.
Imagine that your application for employment at Atha was successful and you have been acting as manager for a short time in the department that you chose from the list above. Atha’s CEO shares the following communications with staff:
• CEO’s Sales Goal Announcement [PDF].
• CEO’s Memo to Managers [PDF].
• Organizational charts. (Note: To meet the distinguished level for the reorganization criterion for this assignment, you will need to update one of these charts to reflect your suggested organizational changes).
o Sales and Marketing Organizational Chart [DOCX].
Create your department’s response plan (a 3 – 4 page Word document) to the new corporate initiative of doubling sales using the information presented in the scenario. Make sure to address all requirements outlined in the CEO’s Memo to Managers document.
Your assignment should also follow the following requirements:
• Format: Submit a professional and well-organized Word document.
• Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
• APA format: Use current APA style and formatting.
• Competency 1: Analyze characteristics and behaviors of effective managers.
o Analyze a decision and the top consideration in addressing it.
Competency 2: Apply managerial principles to planning, organizing, controlling, and leading.
o Explain how stated strategic departmental objectives or goals support corporate goals.
o Explain why identified support activities are critical for achieving departmental goals.
o Specify a timeline with realistic milestones that support stated objectives.
o Explain how a specified reorganization is an effective response to a business challenge.
Competency 3: Communicate effectively and professionally.
o Organize content so ideas flow logically with smooth transitions.